Pages

Tuesday, 1 June 2021

bcats sawhorse

 


Manufacture of a Sawhorse using Hand tools  for my Building Construction  Industry Trades Organization qualification.


In term 1 2021 I learnt how to use hand tools to manufacture a Saw Horse to a specific size from a set of drawings . This took about 6 weeks (24 hrs) I will explain how to make a saw horse in this blog post


Here is my finished project.


Insert photo 


Insert photo

Insert photo




This project was made by using hand tools only. No powered tools were used apart from a battery powered drill to drill the holes for the screws.


I enjoyed … measuring out the dimensions and marking it out…………. the most


I found ……that planing the angle on the legs of to fit in ……….the most difficult part. I overcame this by……using a 15degree angle bit of wood to set the leg at the same angle each time…………………….


To make a saw horse I carried out the following processes.


Use Identify/describe explain to provide evidence .Please highlight the tools used , how to use the correctly and t any safety tips for tools or any checks to prevent errors. 

Include photos  or digital footage at every opportunity


  • Marking out the top.


in this photo i was marking the top out using a ruler and a a sliding bevel unfortunately i was unable to take a photo 

  • Cutting the joints

  • in this photo i was cutting out the joint using a saw to cut the joint in to sections to allow me to chisel the joint out. After this we smoothed it out using the chisel to smooth the joint this process was repeated this process for the other 3 joints





In the photo i am chiseling the joint out 





  • Hand sawing the leg ends.

  • Unfortunately i had a video but the video but the video was not working  but  i had marked out the end that was 15 degrees around the top of the leg  the i cut it with the 









  • Marking out / planing the legs

in this photo i am marking the 15 degree angle to plane




  • Fixing the legs

In this photo i was 

Attaching the legs

With screws












  • Attaching the end piece and support.

  • I was only able to get a photo of cuting the support piece 














At the end of the blog ask a question so they can reply 


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask me a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning?

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.